Yamari By Tsujirihei-Honten: Matcha Ice Cream & A Tragic Story

 This greenish beauty has been making waves on instagram and i felt obliged to be a part of it. Dark green matcha ice cream drizzled with even more luscious, "gao" looking matcha sauce that looks like the hulk's love juice. Best of all, this shit is L I M I T E D  E D I T I O N, so having tried it my social status is automatically higher than those of you that have not. Kneel, peasants.

This pop up store by Tsujirihei-Honten is located inside Takashimaya food hall and only available until 4th October, which also means that this post will be rendered obsolete in a week. If you are reading this after 4th October, IT'S TOO LATE FOR YOU NOOB.

Uji Matcha Soft Serve $7
It looked so aesthetically pleasing that it never occurred to me too much of a good thing could backfire. In this case i imagined it would be your typical matcha ice cream, sweet and creamy with just a little more intense flavour of green tea. Fuck me was it intense. I forgot that matcha was bitter by nature and the soft serve felt like someone made an ice cream out of green tea bags and slapped it all over my face. With the first lick i was brought back in time... Be me, 15... Alone in the room in front of my computer... exploring the wonderful female anatomy as would any adolescent teenager. And then without knocking or any warnings.. mom came in...  my alt + tab fingers failed me..  I explained to mom it was advertisements... she wouldn't buy it.. That sense of shame... the disappointment i felt of my fingers.. why did i press caps lock instead? That bitterness of the caps lock key lives till this day, and ladies and gentlemen that is why i don't capitalise "i" unless i use it in the beginning of a sentence. 

Oh, and the green tea ice cream is indeed bitter as fuck but if you love green tea and desserts that aren't so sweet then you will probably enjoy this. Do remember to get it fast before it disappears!
Matcha Lover's Rating: 8 / 10
Human With Working Bitter Tastebud Rating: 4 / 10


Matcha Fact!: Matcha contains more caffeine than coffee. A teaspoon of matcha packs more caffeine than a shot of expresso!

Location: Takashimaya Food Hall
Address: 391 Orchard Rd Basement 2, Singapore 238872
Nearest MRT: Orchard NS22
Opening Hours: Daily 10:00am - 9:30pm

Comments

Post a Comment